THE TRAINED NURSES ASSOCIATION OF INDIA Established 1908 107 Glorious Years of Association Moving ahead with commitment and dedication…
The Trained Nurses’ Association of India (TNAI) is a national organization of nurse professionals at different levels. It was established in 1908 and was initially known as Association of Nursing Superintendents.
The Government of India has recognized TNAI as a service organization in 1950. A similar recognition by all the State Governments has been an asset to the promotion of its objectives.
Foundation stone for TNAI Headquarters Inaugurated by Smt. Indira Gandhi laid by Dr. S Radhakrishnan
Upholding every way the
- Dignity and honour of the nursing profession,
- Promoting a sense of espirit de corps among all nurses,
- To advance professional, educational, economic and general welfare of nurses
- To enunciate standards of Nursing Education and implement these through appropriate channels.
- To establish standards and qualifications for nursing practice.
- To enunciate standards of Nursing Service and implement these through appropriate channels.
- To establish a code of ethical conduct for practitioners.
- To stimulate and promote research designed to enhance
- To stimulate and promote research designed to enhance the knowledge for evidence-based nursing practice.
- To promote legislation and to speak for Nurses in regard to legislative action.
- To promote and protect the economic welfare of Nurses.
- To provide professional counselling and placement service for Nurses.
- To provide for the continuing professional development of practitioners.
- To represent Nurses and serve as their spoke person with allied national and international organisations,governmental and other bodies and the public.
- To serve as the official representative of the Nurses of India
as a member of the International Council of Nurses.
- To promote the general health and welfare of the public through the Association programmes, relationships and activities e.g. Disaster Management.
- To render care as per the changing needs of the society.
Established in 28th April, 2006
|1||Mrs. S. Singh||April 28, 2006-2011|
|2||Prof. (Dr.) Abhilekha Biswal||Nov. 1, 2013-9th Dec. 2017|
|3||Prof. (Dr.) Abhilekha Biswal||2017 till date|
|1||Mrs. S. Peter||April 28, 2006- 2011|
|2||Mrs. Sindhu Anil Menon||Nov. 1, 2013- 2017|
|3||Mrs. Sindhu Anil Menon||2017 till date|